[Dailydrool] Lance up-date

Laurie A Diehl diehllau at msu.edu
Tue May 6 07:16:13 PDT 2008

I've just gotten off the phone with the attending Dr. at the Vet ER. Lance
is presenting with sharp stomach pains this morning and they are worried
about an obstruction. He hasn't been anywhere that he'd have gotten into
anything that I know of so I can only hope he isn't going to need surgery.
They are going to try to feed him a little this morning and then take x-rays
so that if there is an obstruction there will be a more obvious sign in the
x-ray of where food might be stopping, since I doubt there is much food in
his system after throwing up and having as much diarea as he did last night.
So we need a lot more drool. I wasn't too worried until this change. IV
support is one thing, but surgery is something else.

Laurie w/o Lance in Kalamazoo