[Dailydrool] feeding multiples

Reed & Becky Pomeroy rebec at execpc.com
Wed May 7 18:28:26 PDT 2008

The kennel houndies get separated to eat, except puppies who eat en masse.
This is the only way we can control serving size and intake and keeping the
weights good.

The house kids eat loose and except for Oprah (bless her furry little heart)
know where their spot is and stay at their own bowls.  Oprah is
food-obsessed and must be monitored.  She gets her meager portion in an
18-compartment muffin tin (thank you whoever suggested that) and is fed
last, but somehow still manages to finish first and try to steal from her
elders.  So we have to continue to monitor her.  We usually teach them their
spot as soon as they graduate to house-hound by standing in the middle of
the kitchen/dining area with a fly swatter to discipline anyone who wants to
play musical bowls.  They learn quickly.  If I try to feed one of the
seniors in the wrong spot, they will refuse to eat.

We do have some problems when the grand-baby Winfield comes to stay.  Louie
gets a bit out of sorts when another boy is around his harem of Tuesday and
Oprah, and Winfield is an only child at home and never learned to snarf
quickly before someone else gets it, so Louie does try to steal his food.
So the fly swatter comes out when needed.

By the way, the healing drool has been working.  Vinnie seems to be feeling
better.  Tuesday came home from the vetspital this morning feeling pretty
good.  She has a drain in place and is on antibiotics in addition to her
regular rimadyl.  I HATE drains - they gross me out - but the spouse is good
with them and will be able to remove the drains and sutures when the time
comes.  (on the other hand, he can't stand to give shots which don't bother
me at all.)

crazy basset lady
MAKE DROOL NOT WAR!

Please visit these websites: