[Dailydrool] Reduced PayPal fees for non-profits

Debbie Malta dmalta at nc.rr.com
Fri May 9 12:46:57 PDT 2008

I wanted to pass along some info about reduced PayPal fees for non-profit
groups. I apologize if this is old news. I found out about the reduced rates
through CBHR's Mission Fish Ebay account, but it looks like it applies to
any non-profit group accepting PayPal for donations. It's not a huge
discount, but every little bit helps the houndies!

Here's a little clip from the email confirmation CBHR received after we
applied through PayPal for the reduced fees...

"In recognition that every penny is important to nonprofits, PayPal has
reduced the fees that your organization is being charged. PayPal is offering
new charity rates of 2.2% +$.30 per transaction, compared to the published
rate of 2.9% +$.30 per transaction.

Your organization qualified for this new charity pricing rate because you
are a U.S. 501(C) 3 organization. This fee change applies to any Website
Payments Standard donations you receive, including "Donate" and "Buy Now"
button donations. New fees have been applied to your account and are
effective immediately. No further action is required by you."