[Dailydrool] Bailey,my mountain climbing goat

earthyoga at aol.com earthyoga at aol.com
Fri May 9 15:56:21 PDT 2008

For me this is so true...I can help other people's animals with behaviour issues but I have a hard time working with my own!? Bailey is just over a year old and full of the devil.? She not only a chewer but a destroyer!? Maggie just chewed here and there, but Bailey....eegads.? Picture this...I came home today and my jaw dropped as I saw that my little imp had torn off half of the bottom skirt on the couch.? Not only was it?ripped?off, but parts had been chewed beyond recognition.? Keep in mind that she has already eaten the arm of this couch, I patched it, looked almost as it did before and today she she even decided that she could eat a little more foam and stuffing from there too....she has been really good about not chewing anything then it's BAM - I own a goat!? A very destructive goat.? So as I stapled what I could back to the bottom, recovered the arm and ?I am at a loss as to?what to do next (besides crate her - that's a whole other story).?I need something that?might discourage her - bitter apple, hot sauce, a shock....any suggestion would be appreciated since I can't get through to her.? Good thing my husband really likes her!?

Slinging lots of drool to all houndies and humans in need!

Emily and the Gareis girls, Maggie, Bailey and Princess
Sierra (ATB 2.6.08)