[Dailydrool] some advise

Zoe Lorca smallcrimson1 at hotmail.com
Sun May 11 08:54:57 PDT 2008

Go!!  If I lived closer, I'd sit for Maggie.  Having been really sick too, brain problems & burned, a Waddle is like an amazing shot in the arm.  I went the year after my burn & bleed and it did wonders for me. Good for the soul & what ails ya!  - Fang's Mom

Maybe she will feel more confident if she knew that handsome houndie Fang was running security? - Fang

From: Marsdoxy2 at aol.comDate: Sun, 11 May 2008 10:42:30 -0400To: dailydrool at dailydrool.orgSubject: [Dailydrool] some advise

Good morning  to everyone on the Drool and a Happy Mothers Day ,
I need some good advise here, I am thinking of going to the Michigan Waddle  this next weekend, it is only two hours away and it is something I have always wanted to see. here is the problem,  Maggie my 17 month old basset is very  shy and timid,  or should I say and introvert.  She is  afraid of every thing  !!!!!   My husband and I tried to take her last year to  the Weiner dog races in Findlay Oh.  We thought she would be fine and have a good time !!!!  NOT !  she was so scared from the minute we got out of the truck,  she was not afraid of the other dogs, just all the confusion of so many people, electric wheelchairs, baby strollers and a couple thousand people and spectators . she pulled so hard on her leash that her brake  a way collar let loose and she bolted with her tail between her legs, good thing it was at a fair grounds and all fenced in. she has always been real nervous about every thing, we have an awning over our patio and when the wind blows, of course the awning will move and she is constantly looking up and walking clear around the awning to get to the back door. Annie on the other hand is    YEA   bring it on ,  I was really looking forward to going to the Waddle, but  I'm  thinking it is a bad idea to take Maggie ??????  I guess I will just stay home.  with my degenerating disc disease and MS there isn't a whole lot that I get to do,  or look forward too,  but the waddle is just a two hour ride, which I can handle.   Does anyone have any suggestions about Maggie ????    I hate to leave her home, but I know she will have a hard time handling the confusion of all the people and noise. She is even afraid of the two little kids next door, they are  two and four and they just love Maggie and Annie, but Maggie will run for the house when they come over. I swear she is afraid of  her own shadow.  I don't know what to do ???????

Marlene