[Dailydrool] ball for blind basset

Nadine Mysker nadine at mysker.com
Sun May 11 16:32:26 PDT 2008

Okay, my initial thought was give the pup a Kong filled with peanut butter,
cheese, etc.  But Kong's are really hard and would hurt if tossed in the air
only to come down on a pup's head or tender paw.  So here's my suggestion.
Find someone (vet, nurse, doc, friend) who is familiar with hypodermic
needles or check with your local pharmacy.  (Some states require a
prescription.) Ask them for a small gauge "diabetic" syringe.  Fill it with
a few drops of vanilla extract.  Insert the needle into a tennis ball and
release the vanilla into the ball's center.  Your house, the dog's breath,
everything will smell great and the vanilla odor should "stay" within the
ball for at least a week to ten days.  Re-scent the ball as needed.  Of
course, one could use orange, peppermint extracts, etc.

Nadine Mysker
Slave to Jill the Bagel