[Dailydrool] basset roughhousing

Jessica Sutton Jessica at fmprofessionals.com
Mon May 12 10:23:28 PDT 2008

My two girls, Diva (2½ years) and Sophie (1 year old on 5/17!!) roughhouse like that all the time!  They roll over each other, bite and pull each other's ears, chew on the other's back legs and growl and bite and chase each other around the house all the time.  I have only seen Diva get "angry" with Sophie once and she gave a growl and snapped at her, and before I could get over there to break up what I thought was the beginning of a sister-brawl, they had gone their separate ways and looked like nothing had happened.  They always have their tails wagging and seem to be enjoying the heck out of their playtime together.  Diva who was an only pup before we brought Sophie home at 5 months now just collapses at night out of exhaustion rather than being hyper and needing extra walking and playing time with us like before.  I believe that's just how they play and if one of the pups does something the other isn't very happy about, they'll let the violator know just how they feel about it.  I can't imagine having my girlfriends over and all of us rolling on the floor biting each other's faces, but they probably don't understand why we all just sit around yapping to each other.  It's just their way of having play time.  Ha ha.

Drool to all in need and may those who have journeyed to the bridge have a safe and peaceful trip.

Jessica L. Sutton

Momma to Diva and Sophie