[Dailydrool] Sunny and the bite

jules56pt at charter.net jules56pt at charter.net
Tue May 13 10:29:45 PDT 2008

I am happy to report that the hand that Sunny bit is doing fine.  As of now there is no sign of infection and the swelling has mostly gone down.  I still have the lovely puncture marks and probably always will.  It still hurts when I try to use my thumb and index together but it is getting better.

Thank all of you so much for your suggestions and help.  I now have a much better idea how to handle a bite if it happens again.  Sunny was abused before we got her and has never forgotten.  Most of the time she is a good if grouchy girl.  Certain things make her lash out to protect herself.  She is really fearful of white tennis shoes and men in general.

She is still feeling good this week which is a blessing.  Last night she sniffed out a cupcake wrapper in the small trashcan in the family room.  Without much effort, she turned the can over and got her prize with me yelling no.  I let her have  the paper since it wasn't a big deal and I knew she wouldn't eat it.  A couple of minutes later I realized she had fallen asleep with her head and shoulders in the trash can.  I called her name, she looked up at me and promptly fell back asleep.

She is definitely back to her ornery self.

Snooters and slurps from,
Sunny(I feel better but don't get too close)
Ninja(momma's velcro girl)
Marley(the smallest but noisiest one)
andJulie