[Dailydrool] Butter Cups

Cheryl Medlin tmedlin at triad.rr.com
Wed May 14 17:32:09 PDT 2008

I played the same game with butter cups as a child. I think we have likely killed them out with chemicals. I seldom see a wild daisy either. Dandalions will likely survive the bomb. I can't remember whether I have seen butter cups in my yard in recent years or not. The weed killer likely wiped them out. I do still have clover flowers and we linked them together too as children. You can buy wild flower seeds somewhere I read about. Lady Bird Johnson preserved many wild flowers and some are seen along our highways in the US. Maybe you could google them. I have a lot of close to an acre I can't sell or build on next to my home, and I recently thought I might plant wild flowers on it. I imagine our pets were better off before all the flowers went away and the chemicals were introduced to our landscapes. I live in NC.