[Dailydrool] Speedy's midnight run

Nancy Candray speedsterbasset at yahoo.com
Wed May 14 21:03:02 PDT 2008

Apparently Speedy is feeling better. Last night I tucked him into bed, turned off the lights and went to my room to study.  At 11 o'clock just when my eyes were about to close I hear him.  He's walking outside doing who knows what, making all kinds of raucous.  So I climb out of bed thinking maybe he wants to sleep in our room.  Nope, thats not it.  He's ready to play.  He grabs his hedgyhog and begins to do the basset 500.  Then not having burned enough energy he starts barking his loud bark for me to come play.  So what do I do? Start playing so he won't wake the neighbors.  Finally after a good hour outside, in the cold mind you, he finally tires out. We come back inside and its a little past 12.  Great, I have to be up and ready to go to work in 4 hrs.  My reward? big puff eyes, more coughing and a healthy energic hound. Thank doG for Moon Doggie coffee or I would've never made it through my day

  Nancy momslabe to Speedy Speed Demon of the West OEBE and Ted (ATB)