[Dailydrool] Making dog beds

dpmcquade at juno.com dpmcquade at juno.com
Thu May 15 06:42:17 PDT 2008

Some time ago, I asked a question on the Drool about making dog beds. A number of folks suggested that I use an egg-crate mattress pad as the filling.

Well, the other day I noticed that our old egg-crate bed's filling was just falling apart. It doesn't owe us much, since it's been around for years and has gotten washed and lain on often. I ran out and got a mattress pad in a full size, since they were out of twin size.

Well, after filling the bed with two layers of the pad, I have about half the mattress pad left, so I thought I'd make a second bed (we can never have too many beds, and this is really cushy, even though I didn't get an expensive pad). My problem is this: I'd like to be able to remove the cover. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make a removable bed cover? The bed I have has a 24" zipper, but I doubt I'll be able to find one for a new bed.
Pam, with Drew, food slave to the Dashing Bassets
(Don't be surprised if you find me lying on that bed--if only it were a bit longer!)