[Dailydrool] Cushion covers and signals....

Suzanne Wilson sluvs2quilt at comcast.net
Thu May 15 09:06:54 PDT 2008

 My problem is this: I'd like to be able to remove the cover. Does anyone
have any suggestions on how to make a removable bed cover? The bed I have
has a 24" zipper, but I doubt I'll be able to find one for a new bed.
Pam, with Drew, food slave to the Dashing Bassets
(Don't be surprised if you find me lying on that bed--if only it were a bit
longer!)

A cover would be simple to make for your cushion. Measure the cushion and
add 1" for seam allowances. This would be the top portion. For the back, cut
a piece the same size and add 10". Cut in half. Finish off the edges and
overlap the two pieces until they are the same size as the front. Use a 1/2"
seam allowance and sew all the way around the outside (right sides of fabric
together). Turn right side out and you will have an envelope type back you
can stuff the cushion into, no zippers needed. If your cushion is really
thick, add an inch or two to the size and go from there. This way you do not
have to make gussets. Hope this helps, if you need further clarification,
feel free to email me. (I used to sew for an interior designer, I couldn't
even count how many cushion covers I've made, lol!!)

Now, a question for everyone if I may:

Joey is doing remarkable in my opinion. We have had him 2 weeks and he knows
to go outside and potty. He has not had an accident in the house for 3 days
now. (Well, once, but it was my fault.) He knows where his toys are and will
even put them back when hes done playing. Hes sooo smart, imho..... ;-)
What I would like to know is, how do you train a dog to make a noise or
something to signal he needs to go out? I've just been keeping the door open
(100 degrees here) and he goes out when he needs to, but when the door is
closed, he just sits there and looks around, if we don't notice, he just
goes in the house out of necesity. I would love a doggy door, but our doors
are glass. I need to train him to signal me some how. Any ideas??

Thanks to everyone for the pumpkin tip, It does work!!

Drool to all in need,
Suzanne
Joey Ramone -eberybody lubs meeeee.........I'm so cute! I smell like doggy
flavored fritos!!