[Dailydrool] storm cellars

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Thu May 15 11:20:36 PDT 2008

I am from Iowa originally, where no one with a brain had a house without a
basement.
Now I live in Illinois where, apparently, no one in town had a brain, and
this house sits on a cement slab, so I had to find some safe space in case
of tornados.
However.
I empathize entirely with you, being packed in a tiny bathroom.
The last time a bad bad storm went through and the sirens went off, I got
all five dogs under the stairs. HOWEVER. I was laughing so hard I could
barely hear the storm because by the time I got everyone caught and under
there and convinced it was NOT going to be *WALKIES!!*!! if there had really
been a tornado, we would have been mincemeat. I got everyone together just
as the all-clear sounded.
I HAVE to figure out a better system. LOL.
MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Mitchell, Zelda and Cooper, the only one who
wears a collar in the house.(And the only one who comes when he is called
anyway.)