[Dailydrool] Drool

Bassetmomof2 at aol.com Bassetmomof2 at aol.com
Thu May 15 11:44:42 PDT 2008

As we all know Drool works.  So I am asking for just a tiny bit for  our baby
Robins today.  They're momma built a nest under our awning on a  light
fixture right outside our front door.  They were just born on  Saturday and have
quadrupled in size already! Somehow, maybe from their weight,  the light fixture
turned this morning and dumped the nest.  One baby was  definitely gone to the
Rainbow bridge and the other two were still very much  alive but at least one
needed medical attention.  So after trying to  putting them back in their
nest and putting their nest in a nearby tree (did I  mention they fell onto the
concrete patio) I called the local nature  sanctuary.  No Momma or Daddy in
sight.  So... Apparently due to the  Migratory Bird Act I can't just take them
anywhere I understand. you need a  licence to rehab them.  So I called the
correct people and they instructed  me to bring them over since one was visibly
bleeding from his wing.  These  guys are so young - just 5 days old - one's eyes
aren't even open yet and they  don't make a sound.  Just open their mouths a
lot hoping for food.  I  couldn't imagine them suffering so I took the 20
minute drive to the sanctuary  and put them into the right hands.  Hopefully they
will be ok and I will be  able to bring them home to their Momma and relocate
them to the tree.  The  devastating thing is that they've survived 2 severe
storms and now the darn  light fixture gave way and dumped them.  I'm hoping just
a drop of good  basset drool will make them both well.

Helene, Freddie and Ellie

favorites at AOL Food.