[Dailydrool] He's Lapping!!!!

Lenore Dickinson storybookbassets at hotmail.com
Thu May 15 16:29:44 PDT 2008

Okay so some of you may not know what a big step that is, but my little Jake just had his first meal (still formula) by lapping.  I noticed on about Day 3 that Jake didn't latch on well and started watching him.  Went to bottle feeding him and have been doing that since before he was a week old and he's been steadily gaining.  His eyes are fully open and have been for a day or two so I decided to see if he could learn to lap his formula (makes life MUCH easier).

Well after a couple of initial dunkings of the nose and having to sneeze out inhaled formula, the little guy got the hang on it and chowed down!  Then a little burp and a little nap on g'mas boobs -- Jake likes to nap on g'ma's boobs!

Ats my boy!

Lenore
Storybook Bassets