[Dailydrool] Dogs in stores

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Thu May 15 19:24:17 PDT 2008

A few weeks ago, on the way home from taking the hounds to the beach, my husband suggested we stop at Home Depot and pick out some tiles for a floor repair.  It was too hot to leave the dogs in the car, so we chanced taking them with us into the store.  The guard at the door said that dogs were allowed in the store, but only if they were riding inside the shopping cart.  So, we loaded up Bo and Harley into the little plastic shopping cart.  They are not small dogs, so they totally filled up the cart.  Neither was thrilled with the arrangement, and both started moaning as though the world would end shortly.  And in this manner, we proceeded up and down the aisles of the store.  My husband kept picking out things we needed and piling them up in his arms.  And so the parade consisted of me pushing a cart full of moaning basset hounds followed by a man carrying hardware piled up to his nose.  Needless to say, everywhere we went we were greeted with laughter.