[Dailydrool] extreme Pawctioning-a cautionary tale

Wilder, Sharon Sharon.Wilder at simonandschuster.com
Fri May 16 08:36:14 PDT 2008

Huggie Bear here!!

As you know I love helping the homeless hounds as much as
anyone...yikes...I was one myself once , however, it was glaringly
brought to my attention after this year's BW that there is such a thing
as extreme Pawctioning that all hounds must be on alert for.  Here's
what happened from a hound's point of view (and we have witnesses).
Without mentioning names (Auntie Amanda), I have begun seeking out a 12
step program for those who cannot control the urge to bid on and win
EVERY BIG item in a given Pawction.  Ooh, this is good timing-just
before the Michigan auction.  Maybe our tale will help some other poor
hound.  Anyway, we began the trip in the BIG blue van.  The middle seat
was removed to leave a big open middle area between the front seats and
the back seat filled with blankets for the 6 traveling hounds which
included Brie who counts as one and a half hounds but we did have little
Janey and wee Gracie to balance her out.  Anyway, it was tight with the
suitcases and Pawction hound and quilt but we knew some of the stuff we
brought wasn't coming back with us so we adjusted (well, Gracie and I
complained the entire way but nevermind).  So we got there and went to
the Thursday night pawty which was a lot of fun although confused slaves
kept trying to prevent my counter cruising-very rude in my opinion.
Whose pawty was it anyway?  It was kind of funny watching Auntie Sandy
use wee Gracie Allen as a pawty game.  Anyway, I've gone off track.  The
real problem began on Friday night when Auntie Amanda bid on and won
every single BIG item at the Pawction.  If it came in a BIG BOX she
simply had to have it.   Now we don't want her to stop bidding and
winning but pawhaps some kind slave could help her choose some SMALL
items so that there is a balance.  I mean, how many coffee machines and
mysterious things in big boxes does a slave really need??  So after the
Pawction the space inside the van INTENDED FOR HOUNDS began to shrink.
It got even worse after the picnic with the prize baskets and extra
stuff ( I'm not in any way complaining about the giant boxes of OMH
cookies)-I'm just saying-hold on a darned minute!!!  Then on Sunday we
found out that Wendell was travelling back with us to Auntie Amanda's.
Oh dear, now there are 7 hounds in an ever shrinking space.   Well, when
we went to get in the car we couldn't believe our eyes.  The cargo area
was full to the brim.  The back seat had 2 layers of boxes including
poor Wendell-dude, I don't know how you do it.  Wait, no, that's
wrong-the back seat had 3 layers soon to be a fourth (you'll see).  The
worst though was the big area INTENDED FOR HOUNDS was circled with even
more boxes shrinking the diameter of the hound space to one half the
total dimension reduced by two times the length of each hound
squared-don't forget to carry the 2-well, you get the idea-THERE WASN"T
MUCH SPACE!!!!  Wendell-dude-can you even breathe under all that?  Well
there was only one thing for me to do in order to survive.  I won't even
try to tell you-just look at the pictures-is this any way to treat a
hound?  Take a look at poor Wendell in the picture.  All caused by a
slave addicted to extreme Pawctioning.  It's too late to help us this
year but maybe we can help some other poor hound by encouraging slaves
to choose a mixture of large and small Pawction items.  Nuff said (I
hope).