[Dailydrool] Solomon to the bridge

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Sat May 17 10:31:44 PDT 2008

I can't believe I'm writing this - and am doing so with tears and an aching heart.
  My 'step' dog Solomon, the beautiful cream-coloured lurcher went to the bridge this afternoon.

  He was out, with all the other dogs and the XH while I took Clara to her first agility class.

  Solomon looked like a greyhound and ran like the wind. He loved running and was a pleasure to watch. He was running off lead at the end of a long walk. The walk was along a wide field with a creek on one side and a railway line on the other.

  Solomon ran and ran, straight through a gap where the fence had been vandalised  . . .and straight under a train.
  His end was immediate and doing what he enjoyed most.
  Rolph, who was thankfully on a lead, or would have been right behind him, didn't want to leave his best friend behind.

  It is a sad house here tonight.

  Sally, slave to Rolph and Clara, step slave to Tessie, Henry and Solomon ATB