[Dailydrool] OEBBE Rampage, part deux

Heidi Sarver sarvermb at UDel.Edu
Sat May 17 19:08:33 PDT 2008

You know, I REALLY thought things had slowed down today, but no, Della had a
bit more OEBE-ness to get out of her system. (She's not an official OEBE
member, but geez, I think she might be striving for new horizons.)

It seems as if someone simply does not like it when her mom is home but not
paying attention to her.  So after a long morning/afternoon at work (yes, I
know it's Saturday....(sigh) and people think college band directors have an
easy life--sheesh!....I came home a broke out the lawn mower, weedwacker,
hedge trimmers, etc., because it was the ONE nice day inbetween some serious
storms.

Della was lying by the screen door to the deck watching me....and then she
wasn't.  And I paid no attention to the fact that she was no longer
watching.

,,,,and after a while I went inside to get a glass of water and found the
family room COVERED in paper.  And not just any paper, but the entire 150
page magazine-book with bathroom remodeling ideas that I HAD JUST BOUGHT TO
FLIP THROUGH BECAUSE I'M REMODELLING THE MASTER BATHROOM!!!!

So I said in a very strong and stern voice, "Del-la!  What did you do?!
Where are you?!"  And I found her with her nose and ears hanging over the
top stair on the 2nd floor.  I said, "Get down here this instant."  And she
stood up and ran into the bedroom!

Well I was furious!!  So I stomped upstairs and found her inside her crate
trying to look cute and adorable, all the while knowing she was in deep
$#%&!  She skulked out with her head hanging down and as she emerged I saw
something very odd in her her crate (it's really a cage so you can see
inside from all angles).

It was the cover to my Stephen King book!! She had "buried" it in her
blankets!  ...ok, it was only a portion of the cover, but still!

And when I took it out of her cage and threw it in the trash she as mad at
me!!  Now wait a minute--it was MY book!!!

--
Heidi, and Buford the OEBE Exalted Garbagemeister and King of Garbage,
Della, Guinness the wanna-be-a-basset cat, and Walter ATB 1998.

Visit our blog   http://bassetmayhem.blogspot.com