[Dailydrool] Law and Cars

Bambi McLeskey balange at olemiss.edu
Sun May 18 11:53:47 PDT 2008

Hello all,

First off, I would like to send drool to all those in need, and warm huggles
for Soloman's family. I cry for your hearts, but not for Solly, as he is
happy healthy and running more than ever. Along the lines of that though, I
have a question:

On Friday I got a phone call from my husband while I was at work who told me
there was an emergency at the house. Apparently our Rescue Lab/Chow mix
Stryker had just been struck by a car. The vet was on her way to the clinic
to meet us, and my neighbor was driving my husband and stryker there. I beat
them there by a good 10 minutes, and only had to deal with one police
officer. Anyway, Stryker was aptly named as he is doing great for having
been struck by a car going 55MPH and thrown 20 feet. Cuts on his legs and
terrible brusing on his tummy. Good spirits on pain meds (Rimydal??) and
antibiotics. Good boy!

Apparently the men who struck my baby stopped and claimed that the dog was
running too fast for them to miss. My neighbor announced in no uncertain
terms that it was they who were going too fast and had it been her four year
old daughter they had hit, would they sound the same? They told my husband
"Sorry man" and drove off. This was the point in the story where my husband
still thought Stryker was dead. No information was exchanged, and there was
nothing to write down the license plate number on. The baby boy is ok, but
now I want to find these @($&@#&5)(@&%)(7. We live in the county and there
is no leash law. The sheriff's department said that the individuals are
responsible for the vet bill and any other costs incurred and will also be
charged with reckless driving since the speed limit on our road is 30 and
there is a child at play sign posted. Now all I need to know is how to find
these men. Not children, 2 well to do men in their 50s with their nice brand
new BMW. I was thinking a sting operation at the golf courses around town or
the auto body repair shops. I know Stryker left a dent (GOOD BOY) and they
wouldn't want that on their car. I'm angry and shocked that adults could be
that ...well, stupid. I have my baby boy and that should be enough, but its
not and I want them to know what they have done. The Vet told us that had
Stryk not been 20 lbs overweight he would have died. This was not just a
little tap, and there are tons of little children in our neighborhood. Any
suggestions, because driving the streets in my area yielded nothing nor did
asking the neighbors all around.

Thanks for listening.

Bambi mom to the boys