[Dailydrool] Elders Phoebe and Callie go home...

Sylvie McGee sylviemcgee at comcast.net
Sun May 18 18:24:59 PDT 2008

A few weeks ago, both Oregon Basset Rescue and Cascadia Basset Rescue posted
about Phoebe and Callie, the two 13 year old littermates being abandoned by
their owner.

I'm delighted to report that yesterday, Phoebe and Callie went - together -
to their new home in Port Orchard with Lora Lehner.

Lora has previously adopted Dudley from Cascadia Basset Rescue, and he came
with Lora to my house to meet the girls. Debbie Thompson-Jenkins (Orygun
Bob's mom) met Phoebe and Callie's breeders, who had been fostering the
girls, in Portland and made the long, hot drive up to Olympia.

Everyone got along great! There was a lot of polite but slightly curious
sniffing, and last night, we heard from Lora that the girls had arrived,
explored the house, deck and some of the yard, and been well greeted by
Fiona the Pug and by the cats.

I cannot tell you what a great weekend it is when two lovely elder girls are
able to go to a home where they will be loved, well cared for, and still
together in the remaining years.

YAHOO! To Sandy Lee and Dennis, the breeders who stepped up to take the
girls back, to Debbie for transporting them, and most especially to Lora for
adopting them!

Next up - Eeyore the blind boy down to Las Vegas....I'm starting to arrange
the transport, so think Olympia - Las Vegas and parts in between - anyone
driving? ;)

Sylvie McGee
Cascadia Basset Rescue
sylviemcgee at comcast.net