[Dailydrool] My Blueberry is gone ...

Hinchliffe at aol.com Hinchliffe at aol.com
Tue May 20 16:34:03 PDT 2008

Blueberry died this afternoon.

I can't believe I'm writing those words.  I can't believe that my  Bluesel,
my Bear, my Velcro dog, is gone and that I'll never ever hold her again  and
feel how she snuggled right into my body and put her chin on my shoulder and
sighed and went right to sleep.

I can't write about her, I can't think about her, there's just this  terrible
cold emptiness in this dark place.

She and I fought so hard against this disease.  We tried so hard and  did
everything.

Thank you from both of us to all of you wonderful people -- I can't find  the
words to tell you how much your love has meant.  I couldn't have made  it
through the last two months of this devastating illness  without your incredible
support when we were wandering  alone.  I treasure each of your e-mails, your
shipments of drool -- all the  love with which you embraced my sick little
baby and me.  Your love and  understanding made us feel that we weren't alone in
this cruel battle.   This is a true family.

I'm sorry to write with bad news, but I wanted you to know.  Please  keep her
held tightly in your heart and prayers, and never forget this sweet,  joyous
love muffin.

Beth

favorites at AOL Food.