[Dailydrool] Ivy Update

Gbounders at aol.com Gbounders at aol.com
Tue May 20 19:05:35 PDT 2008

First and most important, thank you to all for your support and  drool.  It
works!!!!  Ivy is improving.  We are in the rehab  phase.  Some things are
coming back...like where the water and food dishes  are, and the door to go
outside.  Ivy actually ate on her own  today.  Before this we were hand feeding her.
 She just couldn't  understand the food dish and its purpose.  She still
looks a little  bewildered and tends to duck if approached from the left side.
The husband  and I have both noticed less shaking in her legs.  Ivy is still on
a fairly  high dose of prednisone that I will decrease in another day.  Rudy
the  Basset was very concerned and acted rather protective of Ivy especially
right  after the stroke.  He has taking to napping close by her but not
touching.  Yesterday and today he seems to be letting up on that behavior  so I am
taking it as a sign that Ivy is getting  better.  Ivy is 11  yrs old and the Vet
has warned us that another stroke could happen.  I  think I will be more
nervous when she is off the pred.  It is so good to  see her walking around the
yard and doing more typical things.  Thank you  again for all the support and
drool.  The "kids" are slinging good Tecumseh  Michigan drool right back at you.

Iris, Ivy the Golden and Rudy the Basset

favorites at AOL Food.