[Dailydrool] Cakie and Nudgie's waddle repawt

bassetslave at comcast.net bassetslave at comcast.net
Fri May 23 11:22:10 PDT 2008

Cakie arooooin in….and me, Nudgie….the cute one. Us is home from Mishgun. We gotta thank all of the houndies for stompin real hard and beating the odds on the waddle weather. My he slave may have been a doubter, but there were only a couple splashes during the day….. us went in our hats and raincoats that Auntie Sandy gave us back in 2003. We sniffed lots and lots of our friends, made a few new ones and missed some who weren’t there.

Our biggest congratulations go to Queen Olive and King Bobthedawg (who is repawtedly considering adopting the more pawmal moniker of King Robert)  They were very lovely and wore their royal outfits very well…….Queen Olive had a poppy on her hat, as homage to the late Queen Poppy and King BobdawG actually had palm trees on his head. Aside from their slaves bringing lovely pledge totals….(first for KingBobdawG and third for Queen Olive!) they made their slaves pay dearly for their ride in the carriage! Queen Olive may have been a bit more interested in her cookies than her new royal status, but she was magnificent in her finery. King BobdawG kindly posed with Cakie and Queen Olive. The new Queen did not try and eat either of us…..after she was Queen.

Us got to sniff King Thomas, and King George (Us like King George who plies Cakie wif cookies!)……… sniffled over Queen Sadie Sue and Court Jester Gilligan who went to the bridge in the past year. Us missed King Dudley who was a pawty boy when he was young but was too senior to travel from South Carolina this year. We got to sniff  almost Queen Pwincess Annie. We got to meet Aunt Bonnie’s puppy Louie and Auntie Gina’s puppy Cosmo. Louie is a big sweetie and Cosmo is a little ball of snuggly energy….but as Gramma Cakie I gotta woof that my Grandpupcake, Chunky worked the crowd like nobody’s business. By the end of the weekend most everybody had petted Chunky, cuddled Chunky or been wagged by Chunky…….ah, a chip off the old Cakie……

Pw. Miss Brandy and Queen Olive shared some senior girl talk…… .and us met Flash the 15 year old mini hound. Adopted pupcake for the weekend cause her real mom doesn’t come, Wednesday came wif her new brudder, Booty…thanks for the cookie, Booty! Rollins and Bonkie came from Maryland…they stayed wif us for the BoardWaddle and Rollins seems to have forgiven Chunky for playin puppy wif him. Wannabe Buddy came wif Copper and Duncan and Wilber from Minniesoda….and we met other houndies from Texas..  Our slave got to work the GPS to help figure out who came the farthest…hehehehe. King BobdawG completed his faboooolus trifecta of winning the Kingship, pledge contest and furthest traveled! Go KingBobdawGsir.

Us got to rest during the pawction and the she slave got to buy a real pwitty photo book from Auntie Donna Lindy who was there (!) and Zoey’s lindaslave who was not! They made one for the BW….but by the time it got to pawctioning it she slave was broke! Thanks for making another for MBR! She also boughted a get your dog painted…and thinks our friend Newmie ATB might look good in it!

Lotsa thanks to Gramma Jo for thinking up the waddle and Auntie Melissa and Uncle Charlie and the nice MBR volunteers and Carol the picnic pwincess for a nice pawty and modeling our newly for sale basset slippers and Uncle Frank for again coming all the way from Ireland, staying up to eat at the Rams Horn wif the slaves and Auntie Diana after midnight and then getting up and helping the slaves haul in the basset crap by 7 AM!!!
Thanks Auntie Bonnie for the cookies, and Booty for taping one to the door…nobody signed our paw card, but he did leave Nudgie a cookie.

…ah, Auntie Flowda Linda….thanks for being our secret pawtner and putting up wif us stringing you along so Nudgie could carry a note finally revealing it was us! Thanks Auntie Donna for being our conspirator…just a little.

Twas  a very good weekend and us were very grateful to be second in da pledgeworkins….KingBobdawG done real good! Us thank everybody for helping us out…and coming up wif a respectable total considering  us only can really beg for a couple weeks after the BoardWaddle! (Cakie, tell em I gots more pledges than you! Nope, you have the she slave woodburning for a long time!) We are very grateful to the folks who bought our boxes and stuffs and made pledges to help us….thanks for evening it out Auntie Pat….…

Cakie and Nudgie
…….still got matchboxes…..we are scratching our heads wondering how to scrape up a few Ramble pledges….NO RAIN NO RAIN NO RAIN
(Rumors of her attempting to blackmail Uncle Frank will just wait for next year….but there are pictures!)