[Dailydrool] One more question - tapeworm

Karen sparks_red at yahoo.com
Fri May 23 16:52:03 PDT 2008

Kacy,
Yes, tapeworms are contagious to not only Cowboy, but you too!   Especially if Cowboy is licking Rupert tushy as the tapeworm breaks off in segments and kind of looks like rice grains.  The little segments can hang out around the rectum.  You also have to scoop da poop up.  Droncit is what they usually use.  I know that you can order the tabs off the internet, I don't know if the feed/vet supply stores carry it, but it is worth a check.   My daughter use to work for our vet and said it is weight based and they tabs work well.  I think she said it is at least two treatments...and you will probably want to treat Cowboy too.  I know from the drool you can also get injections from the vet now.
Drools to Cowboy and Rupert...hope you are rid of those nasty parasites soon!
Karen and the Dog House Gang.