[Dailydrool] Norm Needs Drool

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Mon May 26 19:18:09 PDT 2008

On Saturday evening, I thought I saw a slight limp in Norm as he got up from
a nap before going to bed for the night.  But it was so slight that I wasn't
sure.  Sunday morning he seemed fine.  Then Sunday afternoon, it was 75
degrees outside and we decided to bath all of the dogs (we have hot water
outside).  As I took Norm out for his bath, I again thought I noticed a
slight limp.  By 7:00 PM, Norm was not bearing hardly any weight on his
right front leg.

He has been on crate rest, pain meds and only allowed out with Old Fart
Grady.  We had a bout of this a month or so ago with a rear leg.  Last time
it was a soft tissue injury.  Norm and Johnny play VERY hard together.  Now,
I am concerned that it may be pano - but he is a little old for that to be
developing (10 months old).  We haven't had a case of pano in 10 years,
since the large breed puppy food came on the market.

So, it is off to the vet in the morning.  In the meantime, Norm is one sad
puppy.  He can't play and he hurts.  Please start the drool production.  Oh
- not that it matters, but he is also entered in two shows this weekend -
and both days are majors.  Short of a miracle, it doesn't look like he is
going to the show.

Sandi Wittenberg - Red Bay Bassets

sandi at redbaybassets.com