[Dailydrool] Pacific NW: Need foster or adoptive home for wonderful pair!

Sylvie McGee sylviemcgee at comcast.net
Tue May 27 15:25:33 PDT 2008

I'm looking for either a foster home or adoptive home for a wonderful bonded
pair of two 8 year old Bassets - Jasper and Mattie. They are up for
adoption, and I'm hopeful that they will be adopted within the coming
month.

Mattie and Jasper are being listed together - and must be adopted together -
because they are a very special pair. Mattie had glaucoma in both her eyes,
and both eyes have been removed. She looks like she is in the middle of
blinking both eyes... Other than her blindness, she is an exceptionally
healthy and active girl! At my house, she has quickly learned the layout of
the house, and navigates quite confidently. She's very responsive to voice,
and comes right to you if called.

Jasper is Mattie's "seeing eye dog". She follows him closely when they are
out together, and he will wait for her, even out on walkies, if he
encounters an obstacle so that he can guide her around it.

Both are beautifully house-trained and crate trained and quiet/not barkers.
They sleep in their crates at night, and during the day, if the action in
the house is quiet, that's where they like to hang out, it's their "cozy
spot". If, on the other hand, cookies are being handed out, they are right
there with you!

Mattie and Jasper were relinquished by their owner because she has moved to
France and could not figure out a way to get them through the whole
quarantine and import process involved in international moves. They have
been very well cared for, and are sweet dogs with lovely dispositions and
manners.

They traveled up from California because the rescue group in California was
full-up, and did very well on the road trip, exploring new smells at each
stop, enjoying the redwoods on a side trip, and adjusting to every new hotel
room with ease.

These dogs are just awesome, and I know that if you meet them, you'll love
them! If you might be interested in fostering Mattie and Jasper, please give
me a call at 360-705-1233 or drop me a line at: sylviemcgee at comcast.net. I
can send pictures! ;) You are also welcome to pass this message on to
*individuals* that you think might be interested in fostering. However,
please DO NOT cross-post this message to any other email groups.

They are VERY EASY keepers. I will, however, be up to seven dogs in the
house tomorrow with them here, so I think it would be best to move them
someplace quieter while I look for a permanent home for them.

Sylvie McGee
Cascadia Basset Rescue
sylviemcgee at comcast.net