[Dailydrool] bathing bassets

Reed & Becky Pomeroy rebec at execpc.com
Tue May 27 17:30:45 PDT 2008

and for the cheap, er, frugal drooler, I have a friend who built her own
booster bath for a fraction of the cost of the commercial one.  I'd be happy
to share the directions.  At our house, we have a raised tub which was easy
to install (very easy.  We hired someone else to do it!!  the spouse is
useless as a carpenter) and cheap.  We got an old bathtub for free (it was
sitting in someone's horse pasture) - the smaller mobilehome size is great
if you can find one being given away.  We took out the sink in the laundry
room and used it's plumbing more or less so we had a drain and water source.
We built a wooden frame out of 2 X 4's to hold the tub at just the height we
wanted (I find the commercial booster bath too low) and included an
"enclosure" wall at the head and foot of the tub to reduce water going
astray.  We covered the wall surfaces with inexpensive waterproof panels.
then we added a handheld shower to the faucet, later replaced with a
special-for dogs multi-spray hose).  The only problem we run into is we left
the upper cabinets that were above the sink, and the spouse bumps his heat
on the corner when giving baths.  I'm smart enough to have learned after
doing in once. <G> We got a tub noose with a suction cup to stick to the far
wall to discourage unauthorized leaps from the tub.  There's room underneath
to store stuff.  It's held up great for 15 or 20 years of washing dozens of
hounds.

crazy basset lady
MAKE DROOL NOT WAR!

Please visit these websites: