[Dailydrool] Thankful

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Wed Nov 26 11:12:11 PST 2008

Bill here,press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset, Droop and Drool Diva of Wichita and Sedgwick County

Miss Angela has been thoroughly lectured on the meaning of Thanksgiving Day and is willing to freely, without coercion and speaking without a script, offer the following:

Things to be thankful for by Miss Angela Basset
1. I am thankful that I have a nice warm house with fenced back yard to live in and that I am not a poor homeless hound who has to spend the holiday season in a shelter or rescue or, heaven forbid, worse circumstances.

2. I am thankful for a (slow, cantankerous, cheap and lazy) employee to keep my house clean, my food dish full, my water clean and fresh and my sofa covered with nice fleece.

3. I am thankful for the little kids of the neighborhood who drop or lose food for me to find in the leaves and grass, who carry my poop away on the soles of their shoes and my drool off on their clothing.

4. I am thankful for Tony the Lettercarrier who brings Bill bills and catalogs but brings me treats and boxes.

5. I am thankful for two of Bill's sisters (He has three, the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.)  Good brings me turkey neck skin and other yummies.  Bad doesn't hate me but won't invite me to Thanksgiving dinner because she has a cat.  As though that made everything copacetic!  And Ugly who stays away and doesn't butt into our family gatherings.  She smells like goats!

6.  I am thankful for all the wonderful work done by rescues and shelters to help the homeless houndies.  I shall direct Bill to take some money out of his
"Liquid Cheer" fund and send some to a rescue.

7. And I am thankful for my friends on the Drool, for the majestic King George who came to pay court to me, for King BobtheDog, despite his philandering ways and his determination to see my fluffy butt.  For Brother Elwood, Nigel and Llewis who make me feel eloquent and perceptive.  For Elder Clara for providing an example of dignity and forbearance in the face of rampaging adversity.

Angela (see, fat man, I can play humble with the best of them.  All you need is sincerity.  Once you learn to fake that, the rest is easy.)
Bill (and I don't even get the weekend off!  Alas.)