[Dailydrool] Climbing Bassets

Emily Weiss Dodd emily0608 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 16:28:56 PDT 2008

Too funny! When we first got Sally, we gated her in the kitchen while
we went to work. Along with her water and some toys, we put her crate
in there so she'd have a safe place to go if she got anxious when we
were gone. Well, we definitely didn't think she'd be so agile ... When
my husband got home from work, he called me and asked, "Did you leave
the kitchen  faucet running on full blast for any particular reason?"
Sallybeans the climbing Ecuadorian basset jumped onto her crate and
then up onto the counter, and must have somehow hit the spigot and
turned the water on. Beats me how long it was running ... I told my
husband she must have been trying to do the dishes. Now, if only she
could have dinner made and waiting for us after work, we'd be all set!

Emily