[Dailydrool] King George is 7 today!

King George E Grunt george at georgeegrunt.com
Sun Nov 2 07:27:18 PST 2008

Happy Birthday to my baby boy George!! 7 short years
ago George was born a nameless puppy in a little dog
house in the backyard in a little town in Texas. He
was the result of hobby breeders. I was speechless
when they pulled that litte baby out to show me. The
last one, no one wanted him. I think he was just
waiting for me. He knew I needed him at that time just
as badly as he needed me. We have been joined together
at the hip ever since.

He can be snarly at times, he likes his space and he
likes things his own way. I am sure not everyone
appreciates his attitude. But he treats his momma
well. Very well. He loves me and he has engulfed my
heart. Sometimes I think our attachment may not be
normal. At least by some peoples standards. But since
I know I will only have him for a small fraction of
time, I will spend every moment of it, loving him and
doing his bidding. Whether that is to spend every
waking moment with him, or to rub that belly. Whatever
he wants is his. Heck I cant help it. I love him.

Because of him I hope we have been able to help some
of the homeless hounds across the country with our
fundraising. My heart breaks to just think of one not
in a loving home like George has. It heart breaks to
think of how his life could have been if we hadnt
found each other. So we will keep on working, and
raising money, traveling to the waddles and doing what
we can for the houndies.

I love you George!! Hug your houndies and give them
all extra special tweats and snuggles today in honor
of George's birthday!!

Kay (the honored mom of King George E Grunt, also very
lucky to have Lucy and Riley too!)