[Dailydrool] Hopper left for the bridge

Carolyn Mitchell carolynmitchell at ns.sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 4 10:22:26 PST 2008

It breaks my heart to post this but Hopper went to the bridge about 1:45 this afternoon. He had been taking seizures all day and I wanted to wait for the kids to get out of school so they could say their good byes.
Hopper was so sweet. From the time he came home we litter trained him and his litter mate Henry and taught them morning kisses. Anyone could pick those bunnies up.  They never hurt a soul. Rex will truly miss Hopper. From the time Rex came home he would sit by Hoppers cage and have long conversations Daisy would only go there when I said time out and even then she would not stay. My heart is sick. I cleaned his cage that just about put me on nerve pills and set the table in the corner where the cage was. The kitchen looks so big and empty without their cage. We will bury Hopper with his litter mate Henry down by where we buried Max A Million in the back yard. It was so hard to let him go but yet I did not want to see him suffer I laid my tears on his little body and told them to take them to the bridge I was missing all my babies. I am numb and in shock. I thought it would be easier because Hopper out lived years past what he should have.
So it is with great sadness I tell you guys my lil bunny with the huge heart left for Rainbow Bridge today. I know that all the bassets will chase him in a good way and he will play with them. Sir Opa loved him and drank from his water bowl often.
Hold your babies tight and hug them for Hopper.
No mater how small they give us the greatest love of all

Carolyn
mom to

Rex aka LiL Foot
LiL Miss Daisy Halo