[Dailydrool] Sleeping with bassets

Karen sparks_red at att.net
Tue Nov 4 20:22:45 PST 2008

I have a queen size bed and winter time means sharing with 3-4 bassets(Tucker, Abby, Sadie, Nelly),
a husky/shepherd (Ruby Doo), and Teeka kitty.  We have the arrangement down pat.  I get the small
section on the right side with pillows under my knees, so as not to disturb Ruby Doo sleeping stretched
out at the foot of the bed. She gets a little grouchy and voices her opinion loudly when she is disturbed.
Nelly gets the middle and Sadie gets the left side.  Abby and Tucker get the center of the bed with my
legs acting as Tucker's pillow. (Right now Tucker is on cage rest, so their is a bit more room which means
one of the others stretch out more.) Teeka will curl up on the pillow just above my head.  If for some
reason I have to get up in the middle of the night, my spot is immediately taken over. Everyone will
loudly protest when I start rearranging them. When I finally get to the remodel of my bedroom I have
decided that I am going to get a super California King and maybe, just maybe there will be  a little
more room for me.  My sleep number is 60, but Sadie prefers 45, Ruby however prefers 70, Tucker
 doesn't care as long as he is touching me, Nelly is just happy to be sleeping in a bed, Abby likes 25,
and Teeka prefers the feather pillow that she can snuggle into.  I know this because  every night when
I go to bed  the number is always different on both sides of the bed depending on who gets in bed first.
Who needs a heater when you have around 275 lbs of furbabies to keep you warm.

Droolz and Belly Rubs to all,
Karen and The Dog House Gang