[Dailydrool] Excessive gas/tummy rumbles. Concern?

Mary Wilson mewilson at shaw.ca
Sun Nov 9 20:50:05 PST 2008

Vernon, our 8 year old boy, seems to be having a lot of abdominal action this evening -- lots of noises, lots of passing gas, and earlier when I had my hand on his side I could feel bubbles moving with accompanying gurgles. Vern did have a good-sized bowel movement about 4 hours ago and has not eaten anything unusual as far as I know. He did bag a bit of dry catfood earlier, but no more than half a cup or so.

Vern himself seems unperturbed by this. He's lying on the couch, not looking distressed in any way.

I've been looking at all the various references to bloat, and they mostly talk about the lack of noises as a symptom. I'm feeling concerned, though.

Should I be zooming off to the vet? Or calling? I'm going to stay up for at least a couple of hours and make sure things don't get any worse or seem very different...

Mary (worried)
Paddi (asleep)
and
Vern (gaseous)