[Dailydrool] Cold Ears & Tummy Rumbles

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Mon Nov 10 06:01:24 PST 2008

Our winters in Michigan are also cold, although nothing compared to those in
Canada and in the Rockies.  When it gets very cold and snowy, I put fleece
snoods on my boys when they are going to be out for a romp in the snow.
They don't mind and I don't worry.  I made my snoods but a rescue may have
them for sale.  Now if I could figure out a way, other than boots, that I
could prevent those little ice balls from getting up between their pads on
their feet!  When that happens, I end up carrying a 70 pound dog in from the
far corners of our acreage.

Regarding excessive gas and tummy rumbles - our Morey (ATB) received a
single Gas-X chewable (actually Rite-Aid generic version) tablet with every
meal.  He was notorious for his gas and of all of my dogs, the one I watched
most closely for bloat.  I also keep liquid simethicone on hand, just in
case someone seems in distress or I am worried.  You can buy liquid
simethicone at a health food store or possibly your vet.

Sandi Wittenberg - Red Bay Bassets

sandi at redbaybassets.com