[Dailydrool] buster brown...bell hound wanna be?

LOIS LEMA lemalois at verizon.net
Mon Nov 10 18:23:56 PST 2008

in my humble little dog pack (okay..me, buster, & mr cooper the bassetter and the ever visiting sophie the bernese mountain dog) i am the bell hound.

i can get buster to arrooo a nice soft tone by just saying to him "buster brown basset hound" (og figure...who knows why that works)

once he starts...he will continue along with me while i ask him all sorts of things...is he a good boy? is the sky purple?  what ever...what is funny is that many of the dogs in the park will come over to us and either join in or stand their looking and wagging their tails until i end our little session...and then they resume their playing and romping.

honestly it is the funniest thing...there are a few other bassets who come to the park and they all join in the song when he starts...they won't sing at home but they will accompany him...i've explained the bell hound thing to their owners before and they just get a kick out of it

we do the singing thing at rescue events too...i do the "i bet i can get my dog to sing for a $1" thing to raise money...people love it...for 2 years we did it at events for mr coopers english setters rescue group and raised over $700 each time.  oh and mr cooper...well he can bark his fool head off but can't arroo worth a lick.