[Dailydrool] Photo Session

Kristin Mielke kristin.mielke063 at sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 11 15:46:49 PST 2008

hi Everyone and basset,,,Hushy had his portrait taken on Monday night. I had
reservations,,,would he pee on the set, would he howl and frighten everyone,
would he eat the set, would he just be a royal pain???  I canhear the
snickering...but surprisingly no damage to hound, set, or human.  Mr.
Hushymouse is in fast a ham.  The dog that defied all obedience trainning
and exercises selective hearing at all times was the perfect model.  He sat,
lay, did his tricks, let the photographer position him like he had been
modeling since birth.  Flashes, fans, loud children in the next room no
problem..My mouth just hung there, open like a bass.He really enjoyed the
whole event.  We got some very nice pics, which I will have in 3 weeks and
will post.  There was however one small incident. The studio we frequented
also does baby portraiture ala Anne Geddes,,babies in flowers and bowls
etc..  As we waited for our consult after the session the waiting room
filled with parents and their little people.  Gotta get the Christmas pics
done or juniour. Anyway Hushy was happily sitting between my feet resting
after his turn as Canada's Next Top Canine Model and from nowhere this
little girl maybe 2 and a half appears holding a container of apple
sauce.Before I could say " Hello and where is Mom and Dad" she very
courtiously offered some of her snack to Hushy. Never one to decline a snack
his big pink tongue downed the Motts Apple Pure in a nanosecond.  Just in
time for Mom to round the corner and see little girl then proceed to consume
the rest of the apple snack and utter loudly "Share"...I am not quite sure
how to describe the look on Mom's face...although horror might be apt.
Happily Mom was a dog fan so we left on good terms.  I assured her that
little girl would live as Basset Drool never killed anyone.  The little girl
spent the next 10minutes petting Hushy much to his delight so all was well.
As we have no other hounds my Husband has taken on the role of Bell Hound.
Ever night when he comes home he arroos to Hushy and Hushy arrooos back.
This goes on for about 5 minutes, until my husband stops and pats Hushy on
the head...Go figure..
Snooters to all, drool to everyone having a hard time...
Hushy (Hmmm me like da little people who share)
Kris (I wanted to crawl under the chair..really )