[Dailydrool] missing my bassets

kpercival at maine.rr.com kpercival at maine.rr.com
Wed Nov 12 11:28:14 PST 2008

I am for the most part a lurker on this list for a few years.  I relate to everyone and this list has heartened me so many times.  Now I need to express my aching heart because I have been away from my hounds form just about three weeks.  I had a knee replacement on Oct. 24th and this Friday I am going to have the other one replaced.  Recovery is hard, but I never factored in missing all the drool, kisses, misbehavior, laughter and love.  They are home with a wonderful sitter and I am at my sister's house where everything is on one floor.  I am hoping to be able to go home a week after the next replacement because my daughter will come home from CA to help me.  I have 6 dogs, 3 are bassets; Daisy is 12, has no eyes and is queen of the castle, Murphy is 7 and all hooligan, and sweet Phoebe is two and is shy and cuddley.  I miss them so much.  I tell myself how time will fly, and when all is said and done, we will be able to go for walks, go to the Dog Park again, run on the beach.
I feel a tiny bit better now, because I know you Droolers understand.  Hug your hounds!  And wish me lots of drool to heal so I can get home.
Peace, Love and Arrooos
Karen