[Dailydrool] Mudge's potty party

Amy Baker fivebakers at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 13 13:14:31 PST 2008

Here is some more info about Mudge:
When we got him, he had never been inside a house before.  He was kept in one of those 'runs' like they have at a boarders where there is an inside part connected to an outside part.  The dog can potty in either side because of the concrete floors.  Maybe that's where this indoor/outdoor potty thing comes from.  He was a breeder reject due to health problems, so they just were keeping him outside in the run.  I'm considering a dog door for next spring, but i don't think it would help much now since we go out with him everytime anyway to give him a treat when he goes.
He seems to really like people.  His two favorite things to do are go to the dog park and Petsmart.  He's not so much for being in the car, but so far that and wet grass are the only two things we have found that he doesn't like.
I guess the plan for right now is to write down whenever he poos this week.  I'm trying to figure if there is a pattern of when he is going.  And get better treats.  He's going to start obediance classes when the next session starts in January.  I'm hoping to make some progress on the potty problem by then.

Thank you to everyone for all of your help!

Amy