[Dailydrool] invisible fencing

Bonnie Garner parrothead at ripleycable.net
Mon Nov 17 10:44:58 PST 2008

It literally took me months to decided whether I really believed an invisible fence would stop my hounds.  We live in the country, but somewhat near a road that gets busy at times.  We have an adequate fenced area, but I wanted them to have freedom to go wherever we go.  I decided to try the invisible fencing.  I fenced in two acres.

What I found was that my dogs learned quickly about the fence.  I was so proud of them.  I went by the instructions and took my time in teaching them.    And even when I forget their collars they have no desire to cross the fence line.

I never leave them out in the invisible fence when we're not here.  I work at home and so they can be outside as much as they like.  When we're gone they can use the pet door to go out back in the fenced area.

I frankly am convinced that even a stubborn basset (or four) can learn about the invisible fence and respect its boundaries.  Of course, some wild creature could come into the yard and try to harm them.  That is a risk I'm willing to take to give them the freedom of laying in the sunshine, digging up the pansies, chasing the cat or watching the birds.

I'm a believer.

Bonnie
Slave to Stanley, Beachbaby, Lowretta, Lillie Pearl, Stella (ATB), J.D. (ATB), Begonia (ATB)