[Dailydrool] Reverse sneezing

Opal-Deitering, Gaylene gaylene at umich.edu
Mon Nov 17 12:14:18 PST 2008

I too have a hound who occasionally does this, but it is never scary because I grew up with dogs.  They all do it one time or another, at least once or twice, even if you don't see it.  I do have one hound from my litter who has learned that she gets extra attention when she does this, so guess what smart little Channel does?  You guessed it, she does it almost every time she is walked (her slaves are easily manipulated, which explains her obesity too.)  No power walks to get some of the tonnage off of her, that is for sure.  When she doesn't want to go any more, she starts to reverse sneeze. She is one smart cookie!

When it happens at our house we also close the nose to make the dog breathe through its mouth.  That usually takes care of the problem.  At our house we call a reverse sneeze a "wicker-snickey"

Gaylene Opal-Deitering
My passions do not replace my relationship with God, but are instead a reflection of it!