[Dailydrool] old basset hound saved but in need of a home in the des moines ia area

Helena Poist helena at proplanner.com
Thu Nov 20 08:51:31 PST 2008

Candy was born in April 1997 and came to us after her owner died and she
had no one to care for her.  She is BLIND and currently has a bad skin
yeast infection, but she is a very appreciative Senior  Citizen.  She
gets around really well and we are awaiting test results as she has some
cysts/tumors on her tail and back legs.  We are sure she was loved by
her guardian but it is obvious that she did not get all the vet care she
should have.

http://www.animal-lifeline.com/adoptionanimal/animals/candy.htm

We were fortunate that a special needs rescue took in this little girl.
She lived with an elderly woman and her two sons. When the woman died
the two sons got into a fight and one killed the other. One one is dead
and the other in jail. The basset was  never allowed OUTSIDE.. so she
was covered in feces and matted fur but is very lovely in her
personality and still very active. She is at least 12.. maybe older but
in good health considering her life. Can you make her senior years good
ones. She is not in basset rescue.. since we couldn't have afforded her
medical care.. and she is also BLIND.. so she needs a special home...

Helena Poist

Proplanner

2321 North Loop Drive

Ames, IA 50010