[Dailydrool] my spleen

Ski sushiela at michiana.org
Thu Nov 20 18:21:06 PST 2008

              Thank you everyone who wrote to us with your
              encouragement & support. (we even got pictures
              of other hounds) Mom had a rough day at work.
              She was in a training session & by 11:30 am
              was in tears & had to leave the room.  Not
              everyone saw but went to the rest room & cried
              like a baby. She came out & her boss saw her
              & they went into a corner of the department &
              the boss asked what's wrong & mom can't talk
              because of the crying, so the boss asked is it
              your mom & mom shook her head no & then the
              boss asked is it Sadie & the sobbing started hard
              all over again.  When mom went to lunch people
              could tell she was crying & one lady asked if that
              was her who she heard & mom said yes. The lady
              thought it was the 55 year old woman who lost her
              31 year old son a month ago. That woman is still
              having a hard time over that. The woman who
              heard mom said she was crying too cause she
              could hear her sobbing & she could tell it was
              someone who was very heartbroken. How nice.

              Mom went to the vet with a list of questions. Boils
              down to: this was caught early, this was only found
              because of the not eating which is from the item in
              my stomach. They think removing the spleen is not
              a big deal, it's the item in the stomach that will weaken
              me even faster since I don't eat, if they don't remove
              the spleen I will bleed out. So they want to remove the
              spleen, send it to Purdue, go into the stomach & remove
              the item which hopefully will make me want to eat & get
              my weight back.  If they don't do the surgery I have less
              than 6 months because of the item, if they do the surgery
              I have 6 months or more & won't have to worry about
              bleeding out.

             They were ready to schedule me for surgery on Friday
             November 21 but mom has another training day. They
             penciled me in for Monday.  Another day of crying.

             Pwincess Sadie of Indiana
                Sadie1 at dogomania.com