[Dailydrool] Here it Is: Famous Drool turkey story

Anita Sacrey agilitydawgz at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 23 07:34:44 PST 2008

 Re: Ally and Annie's Turkey Adventure ( a Drool classic from 2001)We invited several guests for Thanksgiving last year. I was putting thefinal touches on the table and had just pulled the turkey out of the oven.It was a gorgeous bird - in fact, the best job I've ever done, if I do sayso myself! I placed the turkey on the table, was finishing last minutepreparations when the doorbell rang. My hubby (football addict) was glued tothe TV watching football. I got his attention, after repeated fakeemergencies (house is on fire, etc.), leaving strict instructionswith my husband to guard the bird with his life while I answered thedoor, just in case our little Annie got curious. Annie was behavingso well. She laid on the floor sleeping amid all the commotion and wonderful smells.I answered the door and greeted the guests and as we were approaching thedining room we heard the strangest noises. "THUD, MARF!" THUMP, MARF, BANG!"We entered the dining room to find my husband jumping up and down becausehis team scored a touchdown and Annie running up and down the hallway withthe turkey on her head, wings a flappin' and stuffing a flyin'. The more sheran, the faster the turkey wings flapped. Her bark from beneath the turkeywas a muffled "MARF! MARF!" She was running into the walls and doors tryingto escape this big monster on her poor head. I doubled over with laughter, slid down the wall holding my sides and my hubby actually joined me, tearinghimself away from his game. I wrestled Annie to the ground, removed thatmean old turkey and all we could see were her beautiful brown eyes staringat us from beneath the stuffing which was caked on her face and coming outof her ears and onto the floor. I cleaned her up, still crying from laughterwhile Annie was trying to attack the turkey on the counter for trying to eather. The guests were not amused. We dined at a local restaurant and Anniegot to eat some healthy slices of turkey before I tossed it in the trash. Icleaned stuffing from her ears for weeks and still have turkey grease spotson the walls and doors. I hope this Thanksgiving is a little less traumaticfor our little girl. Maybe we'll just go to a restaurant this year. HappyTurkey Day Everyone!Ally, Tom and Anastasia (MARF!)<alexa at columbus.rr.com>