[Dailydrool] life expectancy

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Mon Nov 24 11:04:48 PST 2008

Bill here,press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset, Droop and Drool Diva (Yes, Nigel, I am a quintessential willful and demanding female) of Wichita and Sedgwick County

I have been reading the Drools to Miss Angela regarding the life expectancy of bassets.  Several Droolers referred to the knowledge of reputable breeders.  Miss Angela immediately asked "What is the life expectancy of a reputable breeder?"
What a smart ass!

My gig as Santa for Christmas card photos at the Boarding Kennel and Doggy Day Care was exhausting.  It was really hard to keep my (slightly too large) hat from falling over my eyes while trying to keep three manic brittany spaniels sitting and facing the camera.  One owner brought in a sweet Irish setter who was determined to roll over onto her back and show her naughty bits to the camera and her buddy, the black lab who just wanted to dance.  I got licked in the face, on the mouth and all over my glasses by small dogs as I held them, hopefully pointed toward the photographer.  I got my crotch sniffed, my leg humped, my beard tasted, my lap peed on and my Santa suit so badly fouled that I had to take it straight to the cleaners this morning.    And I did all this so that Miss Angela could have a couple of free "spa"  days.  Miss Angela went out into one of the exercise yards to play, lay in the sun and frequently to howl to get in and reclaim her flunky.  Now she is acting all pissy because I spent too much time with other dogs.  Now THAT is a diva.

Bill (Getting the labs for my annual physical taken the day BEFORE Thanksgiving)
Angela (I have to thank somebody? Isn't all this my right?)