[Dailydrool] Happy Thanksgiving!

earthyoga at aol.com earthyoga at aol.com
Wed Nov 26 13:00:28 PST 2008

First the girls are slinging lots of drool for all those houndies and
humans who are not feeling well...and for all those who have lost a
precious one - you are in our thoughts and prayers....

Just an update on Trixie....my foster...quite the countersurfer that
gal is and is so sneaky and smooth you don't even know something is
amiss...I just came in with a few groceries and I really had to use the
facilities and so I threw the bags up on the dining room table with all
chairs pushed in and ran to my destination.  Wasn't in there but a
minute and the girls were outside so I continued with unloading going
back down to the car and what do you know...the Trixter was eating
something...I yelled her name and she dropped it....an unopened bag of
salami...1 lb worth....I thanked her for not devouring it for her dad
would not have been happy and went into the house.....well as I walked
in she was walking out with something else and Bailey had our steaks
for tonight locked in her jaws!  I wrestled them back from Bailey and
ran out the back door only to find that Trixie was able to get into
that 1lb of ground sirloin...she didn't take the ground chuck....again
when I approached and yelled her name she promptly stopped eating it
and sheepishly walked away....I picked up the half eaten container of
meat and discovered she had already consumed a 1/4 lb of dried beef
(probably best I didn't eat that anyway!).  I am just glad we aren't
doing Turkey day....I am quite sure that Trixe would have feast.  She
already ate a corner of an uncooked apple pie my hubby was doing last
night...Today I got a call from someone interested in Trixie....not
sure what we will do....she has been here for 3 months and has gotten
so comfy and I have the feeling that we will be true foster
failures...know I can do do much more if I stayed a foster family,
however hubby and I have grown a bit attached to her....she is so much
like Sierra who passed away this past Feb...

And have to share...hubby has reached his two year remission
status....his tests came back ok - he will continue to be tested every
4 months instead of 3 so we are making progress....I am thankful this
holiday for that - it's been a long two years....

And finally...we wish you all a very blessed and safe holdiay....enjoy
your family, friends, food and houndies!

Peace, Light, Love & Faith
Emily, John and the Gareis girls, Maggie, Bailey, Princess and Trixie,
our possible foster failure