[Dailydrool] Happy Thanksgiving

Katie Strobel katie.strobel at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 20:22:34 PST 2008

Hello Everyone!
Watson reminded me to send you all a Happy Turkey Day update here from
Colorado. Watson is pretty much recovered from getting hit by the car.
His road rash is mostly healed and we're waiting to see if the fur is
going to grow back. The cut on his head is scarring over right now -
we're hoping that his fur covers it up once it all grows back. DH took
Watson for a walk the other day which was pretty difficult for both of
them I think. Watson definitely remembers what happened and he's
terrified of cars. We're going to have to work on getting Watson to
enjoy walks again - poor thing.

A new development occurred today though. Watson now has a cough. My
parent's dogs are not current on their bordetella vaccinations but
Watson is current. The cough is this dry cough that ends when he gags
himself but nothing comes up. My parent's dog had this same thing last
week but it only happened when she was excited - she seems to be
recovered now. Watson's cough happens when he's excited but also when
he's laying down or simply hanging out. So off to the vet we went this
afternoon. They were slammed with coughing dogs I guess. Just today we
were the 6th patient with a cough they squeezed into their schedule.
The vet says that most of the other dogs she's seen with a cough
recently are vaccinated too so she doesn't know what this is. Watson
has been recovering so he hasn't been out, but we do live in a
neighborhood with dogs in almost every house. Our house's backyard
connects to 5 other yards, all of which have 1 or 2 dogs in them. My
parent's dog is always sticking her nose through the fence to snarl at
the neighbor dogs so maybe she got it from one of them.

That veterinarian should just name the place after us already. We
actually already get a discount for being "premium" patients. lol

Anyway, we ask for some drool for a healthy Watson if you can spare
any. With all the turkey, chip dip, stuffing and pie smells starting
to circulate and we're sending drool to whoever needs it. We light a
candle and send warm cuddles and comforting snooters to those who have
recently lost their babies to the bridge. Despite Watson's troubles
recently, we are so thankful that he's still here with us filling each
day with laughter and love.

We're also thankful for our drool family. I've been pretty
pre-occupied with school lately so I haven't been able to return the
favor as personally as I would like, but I am so grateful for all of
the kind thoughts and nice emails we've received after Watson's car
incident. We are thankful that you all have been such constant sources
of advice, comfort, and ideas for us this past year.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Katie, Watson and Nicanor (the DH)