[Dailydrool] Confessions

BasetSavr5 at aol.com BasetSavr5 at aol.com
Thu Oct 2 15:18:47 PDT 2008

Momma here. I have a story to tell for a change, the Brudders are watching
closely. Yesterday we had a rain shower, no problem, power stayed on, it came,
it went, sun came out. Life is good. The hounds are in the yard-except for
Clara,that is at my feet as I was in the kitchen. Well I hear the barking, look
 out and the guy a few doors down has let his yellow lab out and of course we
are  all running full steam up and down the fence. Hounds jumping over each
other,  barking, -not even the long legged lab could outrun Elwood-this
suprises no  one-my thoughs were aaahhh, this will wear them out, what a good thing.
So  Brudder Bob comes up first lays down in the kitchen. Next enter-at warp
speed of  course-Elwood, followed by Jake. They race thru the house, stop in the
kitchen,  took a good shake and rolled on. I was still working at the
counter. Believe it  or not, all this is pretty normal for here. I am still
oblivious, but when you  are Momma to Elwood and Jake,if the walls are still standing,
hey its a good  day. Enter Sister Daisy. She is rolling with the boys, they
are getting too  ruff, Momma looks---and I almost flat lined right in my tracks.
This bunch had  mud from the dog door thru the house, that shake in the
kitchen, mud flung all  over the cupboards, the floor was covered, the walls in the
hall had skid marks,  the family room walls and floor were covered. I am now
in hot pursuit of the  dirty mongrels. It was then I went into shock. They
were covered with mud, not  just dirty, covered. Daisy that was mostly white, was
black. Serious. Her head  to her tail, they must of used her as a sled out
there. Caked on mud, even  inside her earflaps.We won't even discuss how mad I
was, but instead I have come  to a conclusion.
Elwood is not a dog, he is Dennis the Menace with paws and earflaps. This
has to be the only excuse possible.
A bit of advice for the new buppies-if they mutter the word Elwood-bolt  down
the house. You slaves are not safe.
We send welcome to the pups and drool to all in need, I am back to the
mudpit.

Debbie  Winchester
Bob, Casey, Elder  Clara, Daisy, Jake and
Brudder Elwood OEBE
Instigator of Evil Deeds
Virginia Beach Basset Hounds