[Dailydrool] ortheapedic

Georgie and Miss Becky sauble at shaw.ca
Sat Oct 25 08:28:55 PDT 2008

We have a very good ortho surgeon working out of Calgary North  Vet hospital
and he looked at Miss Becky's legs cuz she was limping and one vet thought
she might have a cruciate.  He told me she didn't that bassets have the same
problem the midgets have due to their short leg build.  He was honest and said no surgery and that her
back would probably fuse near tail and not be so painful. Today she is
almost 15 wobbles a bit but her legs are strong cuz of walks.  I think vet
name was Dr Stone and he is excellent.
I use magnets, tape, people wrists supports - she even has an avon necklace
with magnets and a titanium (so do I) sent by a dear friend to both of us.
 She's on a geriartic pill from this friend. trammadol and pred. both .05 and still bouncing
around. She also has to climb stairs now but uses the ramp in the kitchen
too.
Hope this helps

Georgie and Miss Beck