[Dailydrool] Mikey's Gotcha Day

Jeanette Wilson jwilson at humanesocietytampa.org
Wed Oct 1 07:08:11 PDT 2008

My foster boy, Mikey, got adopted yesterday. It was very bittersweet; we'd
had him for 3 months. I've been crying off & on since last night. I could
not have picked a better home for him so it's hard to be sad. He has a new
"sister", Tabby, and he will have the run of the house including couches &
beds. I know he'll get lots of walks and lots of love.  He came from a
shelter in Brevard County (FL) and no one knows his history. If he was given
up by his first family, is he thinking "oh no, not another family again,
what did I do wrong this time?" I kept telling him over & over again that he
did nothing wrong. He is a sweet & loving dog & I already miss him. Do dogs
think like that? I don't want him to think we didn't want him. When I try to
analyze Mikey's thoughts with DH, he listens for about 30 seconds & then I
can feel his eyes starting to roll. Maybe I am over-thinking it, but I just
want Mikey to understand. What do the Droolers think?

Jeanette & Monte (where's my brother?)